Organic Certification

What does “organic” mean?

Organic farming is a production method that offers the guarantee that no pesticides or synthetic chemicals are used during in framing.  It also guarantees that no GMO (genetically modified organisms) are grown, and contributes to maintaining soil fertility.

Consuming organic products means that these are free of colorants, additives, sweeteners, flavor enhancers, and hydrogenated fats, in compliance with applicable regulations concerning organic agriculture.

In 2014, about 3% of French farmland was dedicated to organic agriculture, amounting to 24,500 producers.  Consuming organic products from France helps support the development of an industry that is respectful of mankind, of the environment and of animal welfare.


What guarantees come with organic products?

Organic production methods ensure that all ingredients are traceable at all times.
Organic certification means that each intermediary remains traceable, through audits that are carried out on all aspect of the production system:  inputs, production, processing, manufacturing, packaging, labeling, storage, distribution, importation.  Annual surveillance inspections are carried out, sometimes without warning, and samples are taken for laboratory analysis.
Thanks to these verifications, we always know where our ingredients come from and under what conditions they are farmed.


Why should you opt for organic?

  • For your health:  to ensure you maintain a healthful and varied diet based on “good” carbohydrates, fatty acids, etc..
  • For the taste:  tastier products that do not require flavor enhancers or artificial aromas (in compliance with applicable regulations on organic production methods) or superfluous ingredients, and that contain only all natural ingredients.
  • For our safety:  premium quality products for safer food, that contain no synthetic chemicals and very few additives.
  • For the environment:  respectful of sound soil management, farmers and animal welfare.


How is organic certification obtained?

  • Food products

Processed foods must contain no less than 95% organic ingredients to be called “organic products.”  The remaining 5% of ingredients must figure on the list of authorized ingredients as defined in Annex 9 of European Regulation CE N°889/2008.

  •  Cosmetics

Finished products: finished organic cosmetic products must contain no less than 95% organic ingredients. The remaining 5% of ingredients must figure on the list of authorized ingredients which have been demonstrated to be innocuous.

Vegetal raw materials: at least 95% of these must be organic, representing at least 10% of the total ingredients.

COSMEBIO and ECOCERT labels on product packaging serve to guarantee that these rules have been followed.


Discover our Ecocert-certified Organic Brands

Food: Jardin BiO | Vitamont
Cosmetics: SO’ BiO étic | Natessance | Lift’Argan | Eau Thermale Jonzac
Ecological household products: Biovie