LÉA NATURE’s story
Discover Léa Nature’s story from 1993 to 2015
- Foundation of LÉA-INSTITUT VITAL.
- L.É.A. stands for Laboratoire d’Equilibre Alimentaire (balanced nutrition laboratory).
- The first products are distributed to Leclerc supermarkets (under the Amphorm brand name), as well as Décathlon sporting goods, Marionnaud beauty shops, Parasanté drugstores.
- Floressance, a line of herbal medicine supplements, is launched.
- The first line of organic foods, Le Jardin Biologique, is launched and includes spices and organic herb teas.
- The headquarters of the company move to La Rochelle, France, with a warehouse in the nearby commercial zone of Périgny.
- La Fleur de Beauté is launched, the first line of natural cosmetics including oils and soaps.
- Investment in the first production line to package organic products as well as gelcaps and capsules.
- Expansion of the Le Jardin Biologique bakery and confectionery unit.
- Creation of Laboratoires Léa which distributes natural cosmetic and skincare products.
- A new line of essential oils and clay skincare products is launched.
- The cosmetics line is further developed with the launch of the first facial skincare products.
- After developing its bakery and confectionery unit, Le Jardin Biologique introduces healthcare products.
- Move to the new industrial premises in Périgny, covering 7,000 square meters.
- Acquisition of Silhouette nutritional products.
- Acquisition of La Maison de Fleurance and the Viver organic cannery.
- The new line of Entouka organic products for children is launched.
- The Thalasso line of cosmetic products is launched.
- Organization of the first Day for the Environment for Group staff members.
- Creation of the ethics committee.
- Additional extension to the headquarters, which now cover 11,000 square meters in total.
- The Celluli-Control line by Floressance is launched.
- A new line of Laboratoires Léa Nature pink clay products is launched.
- Floressance launches the first natural vitamines for distribution in retail chains.
- La Maison de Léa is launched, offering a new line of fragrances for the home.
- Le Jardin Biologique launches a new line of spices, including some fair-trade products.
- Our first certified organic line of cosmetics is launched: Natessance.
- A line of organic Natessance baby care products is launched.
- Le Jardin Biologique is renamed Jardin Bio’ and the first organic and fair-trade certified food products are launched.
- The first paraben-free cosmetics that contain no petrochemicals whatsoever are developed with argan oil: Lift’Argan.
- Continuing development of organic fair-trade products with our Jardin Bio’étic cosmetics and our cotton products.
- Organic fruit is offered for free to our staff at headquarters.
- A new expansion of the headquarters is started to increase the total surface to 20.000 square meters, using exclusively eco-friendly materials.
- Renewable sources of energy are rolled out: earth-to-air heat exchangers, solar and photovoltaic panels, heat pumps.
- Group brands become members of the 1% for the Planet Club. 1% of total sales is donated to environmental groups.
- The first press campaign about bees is launched.
- SO’BiO étic®, our line of organic cosmetics and personal care products becomes available in retail chains.
- Press campaign against GMOs.
- Jardin BiO’ Soja is launched, featuring soy-based food products.
- Biovie is launched, and becomes the first line of eco-friendly household products available in retail chains.
- Our line of organic skincare products for men is launched – SO’BiO étic® for men only.
- The Jardin BiO’ line of single-portion ready meals is launched.
- The Research and Development Department of the headquarters is further extended by another 2,000 square meters.
- SO’BiO étic® is the first brand of organic cosmetic available in retail chains.
- The Asie Jardin BiO’ line is developed.
- The Bioléa group of manufacturers is created, and welcomes two companies specializing in prepared fine foods: Kambio and Bio Par Cœur.
- The Eau Thermale JONZAC line is launched under a partnership with the town of Jonzac (Charente-Maritime, France) and becomes the first line of organic dermocosmetics containing thermal spring water.
- Creation of Fondation LÉA NATURE / JARDIN BiO.
- Vitamont enters the Bioléa group.
- LÉA NATURE buys into Ekibio.
- LÉA NATURE becomes the umbrella brand for all of its sub-brands.
- LÉA NATURE is seen on TV along with Jardin BiO’, SO’BiO étic® and Floressance, with the « engagé de nature » (dedicated to nature) slogan.
- The SO’BiO étic® Donkey Milk line is launched.
- Press campaign on pesticides, in association with Générations Futures.
- The first Notes en Vert Festival is held in Périgny (Charente-Maritime, France), featuring a nature village and world music.
- Construction of a new 3,000-square-meter logistical warehouse.
- Twentieth anniversary of LÉA NATURE.
- Creation and launch of Secrets de Léa, a new brand of organic cosmetics made with French ingredients.
- SO’BiO étic Baby®, a baby-care line, is launched.
- Conference on the Environment held with Nicolas Hulot.
- Press campaign by Fondation LÉA NATURE / JARDIN BiO for a greener CAP (common agricultural policy) in association with the Fondation Nicolas Hulot.
- Ecocert 26000 certification for excellence in CSR and Climate Commitment.
- Charles Kloboukoff’s book, Itinéraire d’un Entrepreneur Engagé (itinerary of an entrepreneur with a mission), is published.
- The ILE DE RÉ® line of cosmetics is launched.
- Acquisition of Alpha Nutrition, a manufacturer of gluten-free products.
- The COMPAGNIE BIODIVERSITÉ holding company takes a majority stake in Ekibio.
- Awareness-raising campaign on seed freedom by the Foundation.
- Construction of the Biopôle.
- The Jardin BiO gluten-free line is launched.
- Vitamont celebrates its 30th anniversary.
- Awareness-raising campaign by the Foundation for plastic-free oceans.