The COMPAGNIE BIODIVERSITE holding company
The COMPAGNIE BIODIVERSITE holding company was founded in 2009 by Charles Kloboukoff to overseee LÉA NATURE, BIOLÉA et ÉKIBIO. It is the leading family-owned and independent group in France for organic product manufacturing, and has premises in several regions throughout the country.
Didier Perréol (founder and C.E.O. of Ekibio) and Charles Kloboukoff (founder and C.E.O. of LÉA NATURE), are both leaders and visionaries who share a common view of the organic industry and a similar approach to business management: people-oriented leadership, innovative products, independence, advocacy of organic farming, national production, and regional development. In their opinion, a more organic world leads to a healthier world.
“Compagnie Biodiversité is focused on ecological and social partnerships and cooperation. We advocate biodiversity and preserving natural resources, not only through our economic commitments but also through our support of associations, and we strive to place businesses in an honorable position with respect to society.”
|Didier Perréol and Charles Kloboukoff
COMPAGNIE BIODIVERSITÉ – key figures:
- 1,165 employees
- 21 organic brand names
- 2,500 product references (80% of which are organic foods)
- Euro 235 million in sales for 2015
COMPAGNIE BIODIVERSITÉ – strategy:
- Offering an alternative development model with respect to the agro-industrial organic food industry managed by multinationals or by investment funds.
- Pursuing the development of French-based organic agriculture and farming that are socially equitable and that privilege local supply chains.
- Developing strong brand names with high quality/traceability features that have international development potential.
- Developing production/processing sites that maintain a human dimension, and that are as close as possible to agricultural production sites and farms.
- Maintaining production in France and supporting the creation of “green” jobs regionally.
- Supporting public interest initiatives: awareness campaigns, conservation, reforestation, funding of environmental restauration and biodiversity rehabilitation projects up to € 1 million per year (LÉA NATURE/JARDIN BiO Foundation), education about the key role of organic food and promotion of a balanced diet (Ekibio Foundation).
COMPAGNIE BIODIVERSITÉ – production Sites:
Organization Based on Ingredient Hubs